This past weekend Avery and I had a "Girls' Night Out" and we went to the FedEx Forum to see Disney On Ice. It was fun times. I enjoyed having one on one time with her; I don't get that very often. The event started with a pre-princess fashion show. I wasn't sure what to expect, but we weren't going to miss it. We found a large room with lots of little girls and a display of princess gowns. They were actually very pretty and Avery enjoyed picking out which dress went with which princess. But then, at the end of the display...there she was...real, live and in person, Cinderella. I was so excited for Avery, especially since Cinderella is her favorite movie these days. Avery slowly looked at her, then looked at me, and said, "hold me Mommy". I thought after a few moments the "reality" of Cinderella would sink in and her fears would subside...didn't happen. I encouraged her to go stand near the front with the other little girls and wave to the princess. She wouldn't let me put her down. I quickly and laughingly sent Shane a text...our 3 year old daughter is scared of Cinderella. I guess that takes some pressure off of us taking her to Disney World!Then came the real event of the evening. Four different themes were presented throughout the night: CARS, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, and Tinkerbell. And who better to introduce them than Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy. Out they came on the ice, and once again I was so excited for Avery because she loves the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Wrong again. Avery crawls into my lap, crying, screaming, "get me out of here; I want to leave Mommy!". I've learned through experience not to take these reactions personal, so I soothed her as best I could and told her that we weren't leaving until the show was over. The first act was CARS which she has never seen, so that wasn't helpful. But the next act was The Little Mermaid, and by the end of the night she was loving it. She was even waving bye and blowing kisses to Mickey and Minnie at the end. So maybe Disney World is a little closer than I thought.
She's my girl! One of the funniest memories from the evening for me was when we were leaving and she was dancing and twirling around...must have been all that sugar from the $10 cotton candy!
No comments:
Post a Comment