Sunday, December 20, 2009

That's our girl

It's been fun listening to Avery sing around the house Christmas songs I had no idea she knew, assuming they were songs she was learning at school (MDO) or church.
Her version of Jingle Bells:

"Jingle bells, jingle bells, all the way to town. Oh what fun it is to ride...mumble, mumble (not quite sure what the words are)...Hey!" She definitely gets the "hey" at the end. That's the best part.

One song in particular was "up on the housetop reindeer paws, out jumps good ole Santa Claus" and in between lines of the song she would throw in there "heel, heel, heel, heel". I thought it was some type of added hand motions or accentuation of the reindeers flying and stopping on top of the house. Well, I figured out at her dance program on Monday night what she was talking about. When I looked in the program to see the course of events for the night I saw that the song Avery was dancing to was this particular song and I could only imagine her teacher instructing her class to tap their heel during parts of the song. How cute! She did such a good job with her dance. She kept her eyes on her teacher most of the song, but she knew what to do. She looked SO BIG up on that stage. We were very proud of her!


Then she had another shining moment on Wednesday night at her school (MDO) program. The previous day when I picked her up from school her teacher, Ms. Karen, asked me if Avery was going to be at the program the next night. I assured her that we'd be there and she responded, "oh, good, we need Avery; she's one of our good, LOUD singers". I can only imagine because the girl loves to perform. And sure enough, there were moments during her class performance that we heard her loud and clear over all of the other children singing. Shane and I got a kick out of that. They sang 3 songs and she didn't miss a beat...hand motions and all. Now I can only imagine what Parker is going to be like when it's his turn on stage!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment