God has always blessed me with wonderful friends. I'm very thankful for all the seasons of my life and for the friends that have walked each one with me. And during this season of my life - particularly mothering preschoolers and having babies - God has blessed me immeasurably with encouraging and uplifting friends who are going through the same kinds of things. And then we have other fun besides our kids...

And so a few weeks ago the girls took me out for a little "sprinkle" to celebrate the soon arrival of baby Carter. We went downtown to the Cheesecake Corner and indulged on dessert. Thanks to Julie for introducing me to this fantastic, downtown, hole in the wall, serve nothing but cheesecake, eatery. We spent several hours having a good time just us girls, talking about...you know, girl stuff, and having lots of laughs! And I got several sweet gifts for baby Carter. Just to share a few...

On a different note, I'd just like to share what's been on my heart over the past few days. I'm going to be honest and say that I've been somewhat disappointed with how Carter's arrival has not gone according to MY plan. I went into labor with Parker right at 39 weeks, so I was just certain that with this one I would have a baby by now as well. And with each doctor's appointment over the past 4 weeks, hearing the words "1cm" and "no changes" have left me in tears. Strangely enough I've welcomed each contraction and I've actually asked God to "bring on the pain". Silly, I know. I had a C-section with Avery; she was a big baby at 8, 13. Then I was able to have a successful VBAC with Parker, who was only 7, 11. My fear is that if I don't go into labor with Carter I'm going to have to have another C-section...which I know isn't the end of the world, but I prefer not to. Carter is going to be big like his sister; I can feel it.
So switching gears for a moment...this past Sunday night Pastor Gaines preached about "The Sin that Amazes God". He shared a passage of Scripture from Mark when Jesus returned to Nazareth the first time since starting his earthly ministry. He was not most welcomed, and those he had spent 30 years growing up with were not comfortable with his presence. He was disappointed with their UNBELIEF and because of it they missed out on many miracles and many blessings.
Back to my personal story...how many blessings have I already missed out on because of my failure to believe God and His promises regarding baby Carter? If anything my heart's desire should be trusting in a healthy baby boy with a safe delivery. Why am I so caught up in MY plan? And so, from here on out I choose to BELIEVE His plan is perfect..."Do not worry about anything, but in everything, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..." He hears my heart, and knows what's best. I believe!
No comments:
Post a Comment