Monday, March 22, 2010

It's been awhile...

Well, I'm back...kind of. Things have been pretty chaotic around the Cross household lately, which leaves little time for even checking my email, much less blogging. But I just wanted to drop a note to keep up with how things are going since baby Carter arrived:

*the house usually looks like a tornado just hit and scattered toys EVERYWHERE, and it doesn't bother me
*Avery and Parker have done great with our new addition, Carter. They LOVE him and have been nothing but sweet to him. Avery likes to hold him; Parker not so much. P just likes to give him kisses. They have both been very patient with me when I say things like, "not now...I need to feed Carter". And they have discovered that they are friends and enjoy playing together!
*Carter is the sweetest little baby. Definitely the most laid back of the 3, which is how I'd been told many times he would be, or would have to be.
*the end of February or March is a great time to have a baby, b/c when you're sitting around feeding the baby or resting and feel like maybe you're wasting time, March Madness is on tv!
*all 3 of my kids are napping right now; shouldn't I be napping!!!
*Shane is a wonderful husband and father; I already knew this, but during these times I see it even more.
*you can fit all 3 in the middle row of the Pilot
*when I had P I remember thinking how easy one child used to be; now that I've had C I think how easy just 2 kids used to be.
*I've never heard a baby grunt as much as baby C...very noisy sleeper.
*it's time for the nursery at church considering I missed yesterday morning's message, and Shane missed last night's message.
*meals from your Sunday School class are quite the blessing those first 2 weeks
*I've heard different opinions, and it's still a little early to tell, but going from 2 to 3 has been much easier transitioning from 1 to 2.
*I can't believe C is going to be a month old tomorrow!
*I can't believe P is going to be 2 years old on Wednesday!
*It's unbelievable how much I can eat when I'm nursing and never feel full.
*this is my first full week on my own, and I'm looking forward to it. I told Shane that last night and he just laughed. He told me when I call him at work this week having a meltdown he's going to remind me of my comment.
*the day sure does go by fast.
*I'm very thankful for God's calling in my life to be Shane's wife and A, P, and C's mother!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! So glad you guys are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post, Macy! SO glad the transition is easier from 2 to 3. = ) Looking SO forward to seeing you and meeting C in just a couple of weeks!!! Much love.

    ReplyDelete