My biggest concern transitioning to 3 children has been trying to get up and out the door by myself, 3 vs. 1. And so Tuesday was my first trial run....looking back, somewhat comical (not so much at the time)....worth blogging about.
Day#1
Tuesday is Mother's Day Out day. It starts at 9:30, takes about 20-30 minutes to get there. We left the house at 9:20. Not too bad, no big deal. On the way there Avery tells me her tummy hurts and she wants me to take her to the bathroom when we get there. Ok, hoping Carter can hang on because he's already starting to suck on his little fists. Finally get the kids to their classes and Carter and I head to Target. As soon as we get there Carter is ready to eat, no more delaying. So I give him a bottle right in the middle of the kids' clothing area and do a little shopping. Probably not the safest place to browse for very long; although, Target has great prices for their little clothes. We make it through Target, get in the car to head home and my phone rings. I don't recognize the phone #, which I usually don't answer...but I did. It was Avery's teacher at school. She was throwing up. Oh no! My first thought was, "Dear Lord, please don't let Carter get sick". I call Shane and he's going to try to get out early so we can quarantine Avery. I get to Avery's class to pick her up and she appears fine, lips are a little pale. Go grab Parker and we head for home. On the way home Avery tells me she needs to throw up. Her teacher had given up a plastic bag to use in the car in case we needed it; however, I notice a hole in the bottom of it. And Avery sits next to Carter in the car. So I pull over to the nearest place which happened to be Schnuck's parking lot and I get Avery out of the car. There we are...I'm trying to convince Avery to just throw up on the ground, but she's persistent about the plastic bag. Oh well, we're outside...a hole in the bag won't matter. Carter is restless and starting to fuss. And Parker is looking at us like "what in the world are we doing?" It's windy, Avery's bag blows away and tears follow. After what seemed to be a very long time Avery says she's fine, no longer needing to throw up. Back in the car. Parker falls asleep on the way home; take him up for a nap. Carter has fallen asleep; leave him in his infant carrier when we get home. After setting up barriers in Avery's room, put her in her room to nap. She's not interested in napping. Shane gets home and takes the portable DVD player to her room and they hang out and watch a movie, eventually falling asleep and napping. Thank goodness Shane could come home. Now to all my friends who are wondering why did I expose your children to Avery at church and the playground yesterday....it was an isolated incident; she was fine the rest of the day, eating and playing; no fever, no other symptoms; and it had been 24 hours. If your kids get sick I will feel horrible.
Day #2
Secrets class at church....3o minutes late. Wednesday night church, meeting Shane for supper prior to....30 minutes late. 30 seems to be the magic number. I seem to have a hard time planning Carter's feedings and getting out; I'm sure in time I'll figure it out. Until then, don't expect me for another 30 minutes!
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ha! you will get the hang of it! i thought you did well yesterday with all of them and the task of trying to nurse carter at the park!
ReplyDelete