Friday, June 25, 2010

May Madness

Yes, once again, I'm way behind on my journaling. But before I push forward there are a couple of events that I want to capture.
The first is Avery's end of the year program at school (a.k.a Mother's Day Out; we call it school around here). This was her 3rd little program that she's participated in and she performed, indeed! They only sang 3 songs, and she sang her heart out. After the program we had a picnic with all of the classes and teachers. I finally got to put some names with faces, friends that Avery has been talking about. She had a really fun, and positive experience in school this year.
Here's Avery and her friend, Kyle
Here's "the gang" (Avery, Kyle, Paige, Cannon & Rachel)

And our next big event in May was Avery's dance recital. I confess, I reached a point between extra rehearsals, and recital fees, and costumes (which cost $$$), and mandatory dress rehearsal, and group pictures for the program, and this and that....that I thought, "she's only 3 years old; isn't this a bit much?". But I tell you the moment she pranced out on stage and performed her little dance routines it was all worth it. Shane and I were so proud of her!!! And she was absolutely adorable. All of the choppy dance steps and pieces of song lyrics that we've seen and heard around the house finally all came together. I choked up and cried through her whole first performance. Oh my, what am I in for!!!!

She enjoys watching the Mickey Mouse Club, so she LOVED dressing up like Minnie and spelling out "M-I-C-K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E" while she danced.


Granna & Poppa were here for her big debut!


It was a very special and fun day. This is just the beginning. I'm really looking forward to many moments like these as the kids grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment