Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I knew the first time I saw Shane interact and play with my niece, Bailey, who at the time was 3 years old, that he was going to be a WONDERFUL father! My intuition was right.

Shane loves kids. Hence, his desire to work at a pediatric hospital. And thank goodness that his love and compassion for children led him to St. Jude. It was all part of God's plan.

So you can only imagine how much he loves his own children! Our children adore their daddy! His coming home in the evenings is the highlight of our day; Avery and Parker love to go and hide when they hear the back door open. And that's just the beginning of the fun.

Daddy is fun! He helps Mommy A LOT!!! He loves and he disciplines. He teaches. He's the best bath-giver and toy-fixer!

Avery: "I like it when daddy tickles me!"
Parker: "Daddy's lawnmower!" I can't tell you how many times in a day Parker makes that comment. He loves cutting the grass with daddy! We'll see how long that lasts.
Carter - well, of all 3 children (who are definitely more "Cross" than they are "Smith"), Carter looks the most like his daddy. He's "little Shane". So very, very cute!

Shane loves the Lord. I'm very thankful that he's seeking his heavenly Father before he even begins to father our family. Thank you, Shane, for being a wonderful husband and father!


1 comment:

  1. That picture is darling!!!! You have such a beautiful family!! Happy Dad's Day Shane Train!

    ReplyDelete