Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Carter's 1st Birthday!

Happy 1st Birthday, Carter....February 23rd!

We celebrated with family and friends for a sweet little party complete with breakfast and a yummy cake from the "cake lady".  Carter had his own little cake, which he didn't seem to enjoy very much...and that's probably because I let him touch the flame from his birthday candle, putting a damper on the group's rendition of  the "Happy Birthday" song.  And it took a little bit of TLC to calm him down after that.  But the party went on...Here are our bundles of joy, excited for Carter on his big day!


Carter's actual birthday was on a Wednesday, which is Avery and Parker's "school" day, so I had him all to myself :-)  Lots of attention from Mommy on this day.  Wednesdays do, however, wear him out because I usually run a lot of errands, and then it's off to Wednesday night church.  We made cupcakes to celebrate once again; most of them were taken to the girls in my discipleship group.  But we saved some to enjoy after church when Daddy was back home with us.  And I attempted these party hats.  Carter was not too thrilled with them!
(Get this off of my head, Mom!)




Already in his pj's, enjoying this cupcake much better than his little birthday cake.  I'm not sure which was yummier...those cupcakes or this sweet little dude.  I think Carter takes the prize!


Carter, you are such a joy and what a blessing you are to our family.  You are our laid back, go with the flow, let's have fun baby who loves his family...whose face lights up and hands start clapping at the site of Avery and Parker, who cuddles with Mommy and Daddy, whose laugh and dimples are adorable.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment