On any given Sunday, you're going to find this Cross clan at church...bright and early. 8:15 Sunday School, followed by 9:30 worship. Shane drops me and the kids off, Avery & Parker help me take Carter to the nursery (and lately we've been celebrating b/c he hasn't been crying when we drop him off), we meet Daddy at the elevator, Daddy takes Parker to his class, I take Avery to her class, and Mommy & Daddy meet up in their class. After church is over, I get A & C, Daddy gets P. Sunday night, back again with a similar drop-off/pick up routine (all except Avery goes to big church with us). Sunday night service is followed by dinner with the Foremans and the Brays (for sure) and sometimes we welcome others. Destination: somewhere with a playground so the kids can run wild. It's just a given...this is how our Sundays play out.
Routine. We aren't ruled by it. We're flexible. No one seems to fall completely apart if a schedule isn't followed. Naps can be missed sometimes. Bedtimes are usually around the same time each night, but there's nothing set in stone. It works for us. But there are some certainties that naturally fall into place, just like my example above. And here are a few more...
Wednesday nights, we're back at church. We meet Daddy for dinner beforehand and off we go.
Bath, every other night, with an occasional 2 day miss.
Bedtime routine: books (Parker tries to sweet talk as many as he can), prayers, sing songs. "Jesus Loves Me" is our closer. I always have to "rub and scratch" Avery's arm during this song. There's also some occasional dancing in there, too.
Thursday nights, Avery's dance class. Daddy walks in from work, me & Avery head out the door for her class. I do my best to have supper ready and waiting.
Depending on what season it is, Daddy has a sports night. We currently just started Soccer season on Monday nights.
Parker defaults to Daddy; Avery defaults to Mommy. Carter loves us both (ha!)
Cereal bars and orange juice for breakfast. Parker likes green (cinnamon apple); Avery likes purple (mixed berry).
"Jake and the Neverland Pirates"....their new favorite. This is the crawl into bed with mommy & daddy early in the morning, and "can I watch tv" show b/c mommy & daddy aren't quite ready to get up yet.
If we're in two cars, A&P ride with Daddy in the car...they think they're too cool for school.
Dining room curtains - their hiding place when Daddy gets home from work.
TCBY - P, chocolate/vanilla swirl. A-whatever they have that's pink. C-is happy with anything.
Avery's bedtime prayer, "thank you for.....(there's lots in there)....help us to learn God. Thank you that Jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins"
Parker's bedtime prayer, "thank you for....(there's lots in there but as of late Ms. Margaret and Ms. Jeanette get recognized a lot...Sunday/Wednesday night church teachers).
I'm sure I could go on and on, and I'm certain that these certainties will change with time. But they sure help this "I've lost my mind" mommy who sometimes can't think straight. Ha!
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment