Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Birthday, Parker!

And once again, I'm way behind.  I'll spare you all of my reasons why, but I'm sure most of you can figure out most of them.  Here's no.1, no.2, and no.3....


Parker-man is 3!  I'm not sure how or if any one person started calling him with the nickname "Parker-man", but somewhere it fit...and it stuck.  Known to many by this name.  He had mommy's kind of birthday.  Shane always makes fun of me b/c when my birthday rolls around, we have a birthday weekend celebration; even if my birthday isn't on a weekend, ha!  Shane was out of town for the week, and he missed being here on Parker's actually birthday.  But that didn't phase Parker one bit.  Granna & Poppa were here visiting and helping out.  Parker started his day with Granna's delicious homemade sausage & biscuit, with a candle stuck in his biscuit.  And then later that day we made cupcakes and he enjoyed another candle-blowing, "happy birthday" singing ceremony.


And then Daddy got home the next day, and we celebrated once again with tickets to the Orpheum for "Madagascar Live, On Stage".  It was quite a treat and good times.

Then on Saturday we had the super-duper birthday bash at Chuck E. Cheese.  We had lots of fun with our friends. 
Here's the ever so talked-about, planned ahead months in advance, even though it changed several times, birthday cake.  He finally decided on a bulldozer.

Parker is very much boy, like he's supposed to be.  And he's just naturally good at sports, and building things and putting things together.  I tell Shane he's going to be an engineer when he grows up.  He's a lot like Shane with it comes to his methodical thinking.  Here he is just having fun playing ski-ball with his good buddy Max.

Concentrate, focus....

Stay with it....

And he scores!  Sheer delight!

Carter got in on the action, too!  Parker is so sweet to Carter; he loves to play with him and make Carter laugh.  And he's very good at it.

When we were deciding what to do for Parker's party, I kept asking Parker if we could have his party at Chuck E. Cheese, and his response was always, "I don't want Chuck E. Cheese to come out".  Well I guess he overcame his fear (even though Chuck E. is near choking him with his bday medal)

Now, that's better.  B-F-F


And Avery took on her big sister duties by volunteering for the "ticket-blaster" when Parker declined.  It was pretty funny.  She did a good job.


Parker, you are one sweet little dude.  With the thickest, prettiest blond hair, hazel green eyes, and that right-cheeked dimple, you are also one cute little dude.  You are a rough and tough boy on one end, who is fearless when wrestling and rough-housing with daddy; who can fight the bad guys with his mighty sword; who loves to cut the grass and work in the yard and ride the lawnmower; who can spot a bulldozer or a tractor or a digger from miles away...and if it happens to be functional at the time hold onto your ears because somebody gets excited; who anticipates a train passing by everytime we come near the railroad tracks.  And on the other end, you are sweet; you are sweet playing with Avery and Carter.  Even though Daddy is your hero, Mommy's kisses still make things better, and cuddle time still melts my heart.  You love to sing songs and read books (and at bed time you milk it for all it's worth!).  And have I mentioned that you would sit at the kitchen table and work on puzzles all day if I let you.  Wow, you're 3 years old.  We love you Parker man!

No comments:

Post a Comment