"I know God is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him" 2 Tim. 1:12
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
The Resurrection!
Avery has been asking a lot of tough questions lately about God and Jesus, and during this Easter season Shane & I have tried to talk alot about God's simple plan of salvation. Isn't that the marvelous grace of God? Salvation so simple that even a small child can understand. Angie shared the idea of making Resurrection cookies and I found this recipe online. In addition there are Bible verses and a practical teaching method to teach your kids about the real meaning of Easter. Go here to check it out.
And so our's turned out pretty good. Avery & Parker participated...except for the
12 minutes that I had to stand and use my hand held mixer.
The bottoms of the cookies kind of stuck to the cookie sheet, so the hollow effect wasn't quite what I hoped. But the kids got the point, I think. Parker's favorite part was taking the tape off of the oven. And Avery sure did enjoy the sugar. But what a great Easter tradition to begin in our home.
I am a child of God and extrememly blessed! I've been married to Shane for 5 years and we have 3 precious children. Our daughter, Avery, is 3 years old. Our son, Parker is 18 months old. And baby butterbean is due in February. I love being a wife and mother. I couldn't have asked for more.
No comments:
Post a Comment