Friday, September 30, 2011
Disney, Day 2
We were up early and ready to go on Day 2. We spent our day at Hollywood Studios and started our morning with a character breakfast there at Hollywood & Vine. Now I've learned the lesson not to be disappointed by my own made-up expectations of my children. So even though I just knew Parker was going to love meeting all of these characters, I let it go when he was very unwilling to go near them. However, I do believe that Handy Manny did get a high-5! Avery was still a little timid, but it didn't slow her down. And she was sweet enough to get their autographs, not only in her own book, but in Parker's book as well.
After eating breakfast we headed straight back to the Toy Story ride....I had read that this is such a popular ride that the wait time can get really long, really quick. When we got there the wait was 50 minutes and the Fast Pass was already backed up to 3:30. As Shane & I looked at each other a bit disappointed wondering what we should do (wait or come back), the "50 minutes" changed to a "20 minutes" and we took it. It did indeed take 20 minutes to get to the front of the line, but it was worth it. Super fun ride. And that's the longest we waited to ride any ride all week! Later we grabbed a Fast Pass and then the lines were low again, so we had a good few times on this ride.
Now if you've ever been to Hollywood Studios you know the big highlights are the Rock-n-Rollercoaster and the Tower of Terror, neither of which I could do because of my pregnancy, and neither of which the kids could participate. So apart from those 2 big thrill rides, most of the park is shows and entertainment. And there's lots of good character greeting as well. These were indoor and air conditioned :-)....
Again, Parker loves the movie The Incredibles, but "no thank you" when it came to meeting them and/or taking pictures with them. But....as we were getting ready to leave he tells me he wants to take his picture with Pooh. I asked him several times if he was sure, b/c I had already stood in line with Avery to meet Pooh; was it worth doing it again. I told Shane, we had to; this might be the only picture we get of Parker with any character on our Disney vacation. And of all characters, Winnie the Pooh??? I guess he was soft and cuddly and not intimidating. Luckily the line wasn't too long.
After lunch the kids were tired, so we went back to our room and took a nap. They were different creatures after a little rest & relaxation....ready to have some more fun. We went back to H.S. and Parker informed us that he was tired of shows, he wanted something to ride :-) So we found the StarWars ride which they liked. And then we took them on the Great Movie Ride which scared them when the guy dressed up as a gangster takes over your car and has a shoot-out with another car using their snap guns....oh yeah, and the Alien scene when the monster comes out of the ceiling. They recovered well; Shane & I just kept telling them it was all "pretend". And I had been looking forward to all evening, getting a milkshake from a little shop that was listed in my Disney travel book as having the best milkshake on Disney property. But it was closed!!! A mickey-mouse ice cream bar would have to do, but it just wasn't the same.
And while it rained a bit, we stood in a rather long line to meet Buzz & Woody...inside and air conditioned again :-) Parker agreed to taking a picture, but Daddy had to take it with him. Yeah, Shane just really wanted in on some of the action, ha! I got a kick out of all the characters signing autograph books; many of them all dressed up in character had a hard time holding the pens. Once they got pen in hand they did pretty good with their signature, but grabbing a pen from an anxious 3 or 5 year old sometimes got funny (you had to be there). So I really got a kick out of the stamp that Buzz Lightyear used for his autograph.
At the end of everyday before bed we each shared what our favorite part of the day was. I don't remember what A & P announced as their favorites, but I do remember them both sharing how "that scary movie ride" was not their favorite....they don't want to do that again! You'd think Shane & I would have learned our lesson, but just wait....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment