Well, we're done. Unless God miraculously and very directly intervenes we are done having babies. We are now a family of 6 and I feel complete....and extremely blessed!
Each of our babies' deliveries were very special and have left a clear impression on this momma's heart. They were all different. I was induced with Avery at 39 weeks (just because), and after all day of labor and 9cm, her heart rate started dropping so she needed to get out quick; there was no room to push for 2 hours (you know how those first babies are). So a C-section it was, and the end result, was, of course, worth it all. With "Parker man", I begged Dr. Peeler to let me try a VBAC. He agreed to it, but only if I went into labor all my own; there could be no inducing or pitocin. And do you know that Parker was the only one of the 4 that I went into labor with, and my smallest baby! Hmmm, I wonder if somebody was behind all of that (Thank You, Lord). Carter - since it was my 2nd VBAC I could actually, very cautiously get induced. I held out to 40 weeks because I was very anxious about having to be induced; thus my almost 10 pound baby (9, 14 to be exact). But despite the induction his delivery went just fine, even though he was a little on the big side :-) And then there's baby Daniel. I agreed to an induction at 39 weeks. Boy, was I ready. I pleaded with Dr. Peeler to take him even earlier. I really think he might have done it, but you know how those insurance companies are. Anyway, what an easy delivery!!! I went in at 6:00, broke my water, started my pitocin around 7:00 and he was born at 1:29. I pushed twice and he was here. Dr. Peeler kept saying we were going to have a baby by lunchtime...I guess you could say he was right if you take a late lunch.
Again, each pregnancy and delivery was special and unique. I hope the details are always fresh in my mind. There's such a blessedness in being a mother. But I don't know, there was just something about Daniel's delivery that made it extra special...almost sacred (for lack of a better word). I can't really put my finger on it, especially because I don't want to make my first three seem less special....so I'll try to explain. Do you know the Christian artists Keith & Kristen Getty? Well, they've been to our church several times and I love their music! Truly worshipful music. And they wrote the song, "In Christ Alone", and there's a statement at the end of this song that speaks measures to me..."From life's first cry, to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny". Life's first cry...wow. That very first cry I've heard from each of my 4 children, how amazing. How amazing that as part of their destiny their Heavenly Father has prepared for them, He chose Shane & I to nurture and guide them on this earth. I guess maybe since I knew Daniel was going to be our last, I slowed down and soaked in each and every finest and minute detail of the day. And in that moment of his first cry I felt as if we were on Holy Ground. I don't know, it's hard to put it into words, but tears spilled over and I couldn't help but praise God and give Him sincere thanks in that very moment.
After Avery was born, I knew we'd be back. Of course, I was so confused and didn't really have a clue what to do with a newborn, but we knew we wanted more than one child. So 19 months later Parker came along. Now after his birth I was so anemic I couldn't really think straight, but again, we knew we wanted to be back...just maybe not as quickly as we did between A & P. Then Carter came along and the idea of a 4th child seemed a little far out there (particularly for Shane), but somewhere deep inside I knew when I was discharged from the hospital that this wasn't the end. And even though I was about to join Shane on the other side of the fence content with our family of 5, I just knew we weren't done. And then came baby Daniel. Closure. A door was closed. With thanksgiving. With praise. With awe. My cup runneth over!
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So precious, Macy . I got chills reading your words. Praise God for He is the One who allows our cups to run over with these little ones!!!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed that!!
ReplyDelete