Thursday, June 21, 2012

Carter is 2!

(Well here we are in June and I'm going to make an attempt to get back on track with this blog thing...here goes nothin')

Happy Birthday to our sweet little Carter! 
We spent the day giving Carter dude lots of love & attention, and thanks to all the yummy treats from friends bringing meals for baby D, Carter got cookies and a yummy cake (and I didn't have to make any of it :-)

Carter is Shane's little "mini-me" (in more ways than one).  I call him "Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde" because in a matter of seconds he can go from being super duper sweet and lovey-dovey to kicking & screaming...welcome to the terrible two's.  But I'll tell you, the moments when he's silly and lovey-dovey make up for all the other.  He's got adorable dimples that are going to break some hearts one day!

I remember the first time I changed Carter's diaper after I'd been home from the hospital a few days (after being on Daniel duty, changing all of his tiny diapers), Carter seemed soooo big to me.  In fact, even the way he's been acting lately, I feel like he just grew up over night.  He's a little less baby, and a lot more toddler.  I sometimes feel bad for Carter, being the 3rd wheel.  Avery & Parker are closer in age and are big buddies; Carter sometimes gets left out.  But honestly I don't think it bothers Carter.  He's pretty good at holding his own.  And the boy is an observer (again, his Daddy).  He prefers to sit & watch.  And when he's ready to give something a try, he usually already has it mastered (b/c of all the watching & studying).  He's getting more into "boy" things like trains & trucks & balls & cars & dinosaurs and such.  I'm certain the older he gets the more he & Parker will start hangin'  :-)

He is such a joy & delight and so thankful God blessed us with Carter Hudson Cross! 







No comments:

Post a Comment