
We had our 20 week ultrasound last Friday and baby Cross #3 showed himself well...he's definitely a boy! I finally got one right. I was convinced Avery was a boy - wrong. And then I was sure Parker was a girl - wrong again. I guess third time's a charm. I found great satisfaction looking at Shane this time and saying "told you so!". I love it when I'm right and he's wrong, which is a rare occasion. And the only reason why he thought this one would be a girl is because he knew I was certain it was a boy.
But amid the playfulness and teasing, Shane and I both watched the TV monitor with awe, amazement, thankfulness, and praise. Absolutely amazing this precious life conceived and living inside of me..."You created me within; you knit me in my mother's womb; I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful." Praise God!
With this being the 3rd baby you'd think the excitement of the pregnancy is somewhat "old school", and in some ways it is. Like, with Avery I read "What to Expect When You're Expecting" everyday and kept up with the madness going on inside and outside of my body. With Parker, maybe I looked up a few things, such as what month do I get to do the Glucola test. Right now, I do good just to remember when my doctor's appointment is scheduled. But when it has come to the 20 week ultrasound, the thrill of it has grown sweeter with time. The ultrasound tech that performed Avery's u.s. was kind, but quiet. She didn't really tell us anything except "it's a girl". I remember looking and wondering what in the world I was looking at, picking out the obvious, but I wasn't quick enough to ask questions. With both Parker and baby #3's u.s. the tech was fabulous (I'm pretty sure it was the same girl). She told us all kinds of stuff and insured us he looked healthy. With this baby we counted all his fingers, saw him yawn and rub his eyes. So sweet. I'm sure most of you girls have seen a lot more with your ultrasounds, especially those 4D ultrasounds which I've never had...so my experience may sound kind of lame. But I'm just so thankful and amazed (I keep using that word; I can't think of another one to describe my amazement :-)!
He cooperated well for the most part; however, at the end when we were trying to get some good pictures he wouldn't stop looking at us. We tried to get a better profile picture, but he got tired of us poking on him and he curled up on his belly into the fetal position. We'll see you soon enough sweet boy!So does anybody have any name ideas?
so exciting, Macy! i can see how even though this is #3 that you would still be amazed at God's creating! truly a miracle! hmmm... a name..i don't know, i may have to think about it...i will get back to ya on it. do you have any ideas yet?
ReplyDeleteSoooo sweet!!! How about Bono? Ha Ha, just kidding. I love the names Will and Walker....flow nicely with Cross. Hope to see you one day this week while I am inpatient. Miss you!!
ReplyDeleteYea for baby boy Cross. Names? How about Chris! Ha! I think I am pretty funny. JUMP JUMP. Miss you girl
ReplyDeleteYou were right! Can't wait to hear what name you pick...
ReplyDelete