Here are some of the funny and cute things going on with Avery and Parker these days:
- Parker loves elevators. And he knows where everyone of them is located at church. I open the door to go inside and he squirms out of my arms and takes off running towards an elevator. If only we had all day to ride them up and down, over and over; I wonder how long it would actually entertain him.
- It has become ritualistic that once bath time is over and pjs are on, it's time for some serious jumping on the bed. Avery's bedroom furniture is old; it was mine when I was a little girl, which means that mattress is just as old. It's very soft, and squishy and makes for some good bouncing. Their favorite - bottom busters!
- Parker can now open doors. His two favorite being the pantry door and the back door. I've pretty much cleared off the bottom shelf of the pantry because he's quite the snacker and he'll eat whatever he can get his hands on. His favorite word is "snack". And I've learned to dead bolt the back door because he has no fear of going outside alone. He loves going outside. The other day he heard our neighbors' dogs barking and before I knew it he was down our driveway walking to their house to see Baxter and Sigma. Two big dogs that he adores.
- And while Parker adores puppy dogs, Avery has a thing for kitty-cats....well, actually lions. Let me explain. One her of favorite Disney movies thus far is The Lion King. And I noticed after her watching it a few times that she would nestle up to me and rub her head on me, and even go as far as licking me...she was mimicking the cubs and the lioness. Since then she has started answering me sometimes with the word "meow". "Avery, what do you want for lunch: pb&j or a turkey sandwich?" There's silence. "Avery, please tell me what you want." I look at her and she looks at me, cocks her head and says "meow". Not the answer I was looking for. If there's one thing that gets on my nerves....it's the meow!
- Avery has recently been having fears that things are in her room when she goes to bed at night. There have been frogs and spiders, and recently monkeys. Last night when I put her to bed she asked me if there were monkeys in her room and I assured her that there weren't. She then asked me if God was in her room. I told her yes, God was everywhere, all the time, taking care of us, even though we can't see him. She shook her head, yes, and said, "He lives in our hearts, Momma". That's right, Avery. She's listening and learning.
- Parker loves brushing his teeth.
- They love playing chase around the house with Daddy.
- I recently put Parker in time-out for the first time, and for the first few minutes as I'm standing there trying to shove his nose in the corner he is looking up at me and laughing hysterically. Children are so different!
- Avery likes to be the leader - all the time, everywhere...she wants us to walk in line behind her. We look real cute out in public.
I could go on and on.....fun times!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment