Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lately...

Here are some things you might see or hear around the Cross household lately...

* Avery says, "I can't hold water. I can't hold light. Birds hate me!" with a very frustrated tone and hands on her hips. Shane and I look at each other a bit confused and he's the first to figure it out...Tinkerbell (the movie). One of her favorites these days. Her picks are usually Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, or Cinderella.

* I'm a bit anxious to see how Parker is going to react to having a new baby in the house. He knows there's a baby in mommy's tummy, or at least he likes to pull up my shirt and lick it. Ha! I told him one time to give the baby a kiss and his kiss turned into a lick. I make sure not to mention "where's mommy's baby" to him in public because he is adamant about pulling up my shirt and that's not a pretty site!
* Avery has started talking in her sleep. Some nights I can't quite make out what she's saying, but some nights she's loud and clear. One night last week I heard, "You are not being sweet. You get out of here. I am very mad at you". I almost got up to make sure nobody else was in her room.
* Parker has started singing and it's the sweetest sound. He sings with us when we say the blessing (God our Father) and when we sing Jesus Loves Me at bedtime.
* If Avery is ever in a beauty pageant, which I can almost 100% assure you that she never will be, but if she is...she will definitely win Miss Congeniality. She is always looking to make a friend. When we go to the park, or the playground, etc. or sometimes just to Target, if she sees another child close to her age she is all about making friends. She doesn't need to know his/her name, boy or girl, ethnicity, she sees none of that. I hope she always stays that way (to some degree, of course)
* It's amazing to me how Parker has just naturally taken a liking to "boy stuff". All of a sudden he loves trains and cars and big trucks. And we never really introduced him to it. I guess he was exposed here and there. He was, however, fighting and crying over a baby doll with Avery the other day.
* Popcorn - we rarely make it through a Target shopping trip without it. And about 9 times out of 10 Parker gets a spanking while we are there, b/c he likes to "high-tail" it and run away from Mommy. Not good. I'm over wondering if people are watching and judging me. And you pick your battles. They were having a screaming contest in the check-out line and each making the other laugh hysterically. It wasn't that loud...and so I let them have their fun. I could feel the eyes weighing heavy on me. There were a few smiles and a few "you need to control your children" looks. And then a few - are you seriously having another baby; have you lost your mind? Yeah, I think so!



No comments:

Post a Comment