Shane is a WONDERFUL father! I will say it over and over again....And we love to celebrate him on Father's Day. This year the kids took a "daddy survey", and here are some of their answers.
**How old is Daddy?
Avery: 35
Parker: 3
**Where does Daddy work? What does he do there?
Avery: hospital; gives medicine to sick people
Parker: hospital; works really hard
**What is Daddy's favorite food?
Avery: strawberries
Parker: chips & cheese
**What does Daddy like to do for fun?
Avery: play with me
Parker: play soccer
**What do you love most about Daddy?
Avery: when he tickles me
Parker: he wrestles with me
So what does Mommy love most about Daddy? Well, that could make for a really long journal entry, so I'll make this short & sweet and focus on this season of our lives.
**I love that Daddy knows when Mommy has reached her limit and he very smoothly takes over.
**I love that he is the bath giver.
**I love that he'll spend an extra hour mowing the lawn or washing the car just so Parker & Avery can help. He's patient like that.
**I love that he'll put aside his extra work until the kids go to bed so that he can have time to play or interact with them. Even if that means staying up really, really late.
**I love that he can make anything fun. The kids can be whining about doing this or that and before you know it Daddy has turned it into a game and their whines turn to laughter.
**And in relation, I love that he can talk Parker into almost anything :-)
**I love that he doesn't mind eating a bowl of cereal for supper.
**I love that he doesn't complain about the mess that he usually walks into when he gets home from work.
**I love that he loves the Lord and pursues His righteousness.
**I love that he encourages and supports me as a wife and mother.
**I love that he is a wonderful father.
Happy Father's Day, Shane! You da bomb!!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment