"O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good",...God's goodness. Thanking and praising Him for His righteousness, His sufficiency, His showers of blessings. This Thanksgiving season I find myself so very thankful for the health of my family and loved ones. As of late, and the older I get, bad things are happening to precious people that I know personally...it used to happen to, you know, other people. Cancer has stricken a few friends, one being my best friend's husband, and their certain healing has taken place on the other side of heaven, leaving behind precious spouses and children. This past year a close friend's 4 year old daughter was diagnosed with leukemia. Let's just say, I hate the "C" word. But praise God, cancer doesn't change God's goodness. And so, I find myself giving abundant thanksgiving, almost on a daily basis, for God's blessing of good health, and praying He will continue it.
We rotate holidays each year with our families, and this year it was our turn to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family in MS. We had a great visit, kicking back and letting the cousins have at it, eating lots of yummy food (despite my pregnancy-induced heartburn), watching good football; a trip to the movies; and even though I was too tired to join my sister and sister-in-law for some late night after Thanksgiving sales, I strangely enjoyed checking out the multiple sales fliers in the paper. Literally, I could hardly wait for my Dad's going outside to get the paper Thanksgiving morning...it's the little things, you know :-)
We made a trip down to my MeeMaw and PawPaw's house/farm with our main purpose being getting their refrigerator. My Mom has finally sold the farm, very bittersweet. It was my last time there, and we drove away with a big lump in my throat, thankful for such sweet memories of my grandparents. Since being home, I'm enjoying our second refrigerator out in the garage. I'm certain I will particularly enjoy it when we're feeding 3 teenage boys!
Here are some fun pics from our few days together:
Here's our failed attempt at a good family photo. Oh well, we tried. And my Dad looks quite silly chilled out on the grass, ha!
Cousins! If you'll notice, Parker is M.I.A. The dude does not like taking pictures. Girls rule on this side of the family. The boys made a good comeback, but just one short (even with baby Daniel on the way).
Here's Poppa trying to get Parker in on the photo action. At least we somewhat captured his sweet smile.
Granna's front porch swing...love it!
Shane's birthday fell on the day after Thanksgiving this year, and how appropriate that it anually falls on or near Thanksgiving day. How I'm thankful for him!!! He is a wonderful husband and father.....a man of God seeking and growing in his relationship with the Lord, a great provider for our family, one fun-loving daddy who can make anything fun for the kids (especially when they don't want to wake up in the morning), and who knows me so well, knowing how to make me laugh hysterically, and knowing exactly which of my buttons to push, and when to not push any buttons at all! I love you, Shane!
No comments:
Post a Comment