Carter turned 10 weeks old this week! I'm a little sad; he's out of his single digits.
Everyone told me the 3rd child would be the laid back, go with the flow kind of baby...usually because they had to be. And so far, everyone has been right. And usually the only time he cries is when he's sleepy or hungry , and that's easy to fix. He has an adorable smile with cute little dimples, just like his older brother whom he favors. I love it in the morning when he's first waking up and he hears my voice...his face lights up and he starts grinning from ear to ear. Melts my heart. He likes to sit up and look around. And he likes being talked to. He's trying really hard to talk back, making his sweet little "cooing" noises. So far he's been to church and Sunday School, the zoo several times, the Redbirds game, the park, the movies, strawberry pickin', Easter egg huntin' - just to name a few. And of course his favorite place to go with Mommy is TARGET! Ha! On Tuesdays the kids have Mother's Day Out and this is "mommy and Carter time". Usually part of that time is spent at Target. And he gets a really good nap that day because he doesn't have his brother and sister waking him up. Speaking of...A & P still love and adore Carter. Avery is a huge help fetching this and that for me, and feeding him his bottle, and talking to him when he starts crying and I can't get to him just yet. Oh yeah, that's another thing - Carter doesn't like to be all alone. When he's awake he likes to know that you're near. The ceiling fan in mommy's room that he gets a kick out of watching when he's laying on her bed is entertaining only for so long. Parker - he loves to give him kisses.
I have to catch myself some days making the remark, "I'll be glad when Carter can sit up, or hold his own bottle, etc"...I don't want to wish these days away. They are too precious. I was recently talking to my mother and I made the comment how I can't believe how messy my house gets some days; how I never thought I could leave it in such a mess with toys and dirty dishes and unmade beds and such. And her remark was, "Macy, one day in about 10 or 12 years you won't have those toys to step over and you'll be sad. It will be here before you know it." I took that as some good advice and I'm going to cling to it!
Happy 10 weeks, Carter! What a joy you've brought to our family.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment