Here are some of my favorite sights and sounds around the Cross household these days...
*the SIGHT of the clock in the morning showing 8:00 a.m and I haven't heard the SOUND of Avery having a bad dream, or Parker needing to go potty, or Carter needing his pacifier all night long...a peaceful night's sleep for all!
*the SOUND of the coffee pot brewing in the morning while I'm still in bed; and then the SOUND of the 5 beeps indicating that it's ready.
*the SOUND of Parker singing "Zacheus" and "God is so good" without realizing he knew those songs...good old Sunday School.
*the SIGHT of sweet Carter sleeping in his crib, on his tummy with his bottom straight up in the air, cozied up with his lovey.
*the SOUND of the bath water running...and I'm not the one running it.
*the SOUND of Daddy reading books before bedtime with A & P, and the SOUND of them laughing at Daddy's funny antics. Daddy can be very animated when reading books!
*the SOUND of Daddy singing and the SOUND of dancing feet and giggles as A & P cut-a-rug to their bedtime songs.
*the SOUND of Carter's babbles when he wakes up in the morning.
*the SOUND of that 5 o'clockish phone call from Daddy stating he's on his way home; the SOUND of the garage door opening: the SIGHT of him walking through the back door.
*the SOUND of Avery yelling through her closed door..."Goodnight, I love you!" She just has to have the last word at bedtime.
*the SIGHT of their happy faces when you pick them up from the classroom or the nursery.
*the SOUND of ceasing tears when mommy or daddy "kiss and make it better"
*the SIGHT of Carter trying desperately to crawl; I think his version of it is much cuter.
*the SOUND of Parker's 5 "little" kisses (as he calls them) at bedtime - cheek, cheek, chin, nose, lips!
*the SOUND of Avery learning, and learning, and learning
*the SIGHT & SOUND of the kids playing happily together
*the SOUND of giggles and pure laughter
*the SOUND of silence around 2 p.m. when I manage to get them all down for a nap at the same time.
*the SIGHT of toys everywhere....and the SOUND in my heart & mind that tells me it's ok if my house is a mess today
*the SIGHT & SOUND of college basketball on TV - my favorite!!!
*the SOUND of that long phone call with my mom or my sister
*the SIGHT of Shane (he is very good looking, I must say!)
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment