Back to the Magic Kingdom for the day...
And before we knew it....
Uncle Mike, Aunt Sabrea and Presley are here!!!
When we first started planning this trip I presented the idea to my family to take a big family vacation. Well, my sister didn't want to take Blair at her age; Mom & Dad made plans to go with us, but changed them quickly when several of their friends talked them into taking an Alaskan cruise; and Mike & Sabrea didn't say much about it since Sabrea was pregnant and ready to have baby Brooklyn soon. But shortly after I booked our trip I got a message from Sabrea saying they were in. Yay!!! We couldn't schedule the same exact dates, but we got a few overlapping days, which was fun and worked out just right for everyone....a little personal family time together, and a little extended family time together.
And so we spent the rest of the day at the Magic Kingdom. As a side note regarding the rides - we kind of didn't warn or tell Avery & Parker about the bigger rides, like Thunder Mountain Railroad....we just put them on it and let them decide for themselves whether or not they liked it. We did use a little common sense; they didn't like things in the dark, so no Space Mountain or the Tower of Terror (I think that one would have scarred Avery for life :-) To much of our liking, they loved everything. Granted, I couldn't ride the big rides with them this time b/c of my bun in the oven, but I sure will be ready to ride next time. Love that they love them, b/c I.Love.Them!!!
Splash Mountain was next. Sweet Presley decided to hang out with me on this one. I think the sight of the big log coming down the steep hill and everyone screaming on the ride kind of scared her a bit. But it didn't stop my crew...and her mom & dad.
As usual, we took an afternoon break and left Mike, Sabrea & Presley at the park. We met back up with them and headed to dinner at Chef Mickey's - FUN!
Parker even got in on some of the action without any coaxing!
After dinner we went back to the M.K. and enjoyed the rest of our evening. Mike & Shane sneaked off to go ride Space Mountain. I took the girls to the Tea Cups & Peter Pan. And Sabrea went with Parker to the race track. Why I didn't go with Parker I'll never know, b/c I pleaded with the boy all week to ride a ride with me, or even sit with me. Here was my one opportunity and I sent him off with Aunt Sabrea...oh well. I had fun with the girls.
And to end the evening, FIREWORKS!
What a fun (and exhausting day)!!! It made for some sweet compliance with our bedtime routine and sweet dreams!
No comments:
Post a Comment