Monday, October 10, 2011

Disney, Day 6

Back to....


and breakfast at the Tusker House with all our favorite friends, again...




After breakfast the gang headed to the safari ride and I decided to sit this one out.  I learned my lesson a few days ago.  So I just sat and relaxed.  In fact, I spent most of my day doing just that, b/c I couldn't ride anything.  Shane claims I could have ridden the river rapids, but I was too nervous.  The kids loved this ride in particular; so much that they were able to hop right back on after they rode it the first time (thank goodness for the very short line).  Apparently Parker bragged the whole first time they rode it that he wasn't going to get wet.  He got lucky the first go round; no such luck with the second.  They all got drenched!



Now next was the big surprise of the week....the Expedition Everest roller coaster.  Off went Mike, Sabrea, Presley, and Avery to this next adventure.  Again, I didn't really warn Avery that this was a big roller coaster; she could see for herself most of the ride.  She was excited.  Parker was crying b/c he wanted to go, but he wasn't tall enough.  So Shane took him off, consoling him, telling him that daddy wasn't tall enough either.  I went to enjoy some ice cream :-)  When I got back to our strollers, there was Sabrea & Presley.  But where was Avery & Uncle Mike, I asked?  Despite that Presley was too scared to ride, Mike & Avery stayed to have some fun.  I couldn't believe in the first place that Avery was going to ride this big roller coaster; secondly I couldn't believe she was going to ride it with my brother.  Granted she loves her Uncle Mike, but when the girl is nervous about anything she wants her mommy or her daddy.  I guess she's just got enough of her "roller coaster loving mother" in her!  She came off all smiles.  The only thing she didn't like was the scary Yeti monster!

Next we took a break and enjoyed the Finding Nemo show, then enjoyed some lunch.  Afterwards we went to Dino Land...


Finally, I get some quality time with Parker.  I'm really not sure how this happened :-)


And meet Rex.  Parker BEGGED us for this huge dinosaur.  He had his allowance $; Daddy had to spot him a few extra bucks.  But hey, we're at DisneyWorld, right?!

Another funny, little memory....has anybody ridden the "Dinosaur" ride at Animal Kingdom?  Well, it's in the dark and there are scary, mean dinosaurs out to get you at the end of your ride.  You know, one of those educational rides gone bad.  Again, I couldn't participate, but everybody else went to ride this one.  We actually took the time to warn the kids about the darkness and the dinosaurs, but they were all in.  Well the grown-ups came off the ride guilty but laughing.  Apparently the kids were terrified and the adults spent the entire ride hovering over them telling them it was almost over.  This particular attraction has the camera that takes the picture while you ride.  It was pretty funny because you couldn't see any of the kids.  Guess you had to be there, but we all got a good laugh out of it.  No harm done.

Animal Kingdom closes at 5 p.m. so we went back to our room and chilled out for the evening.  We actually went and enjoyed the GREAT pool that the Animal Kingdom Lodge has to offer.  The waterslide was a hit!  I was starting to get a little sad....having to start packing up and leaving tomorrow.  Oh well, I missed my baby and was anxious to get home to see Carter.  One more fun event tomorrow...




No comments:

Post a Comment